Founder - 18/03/2022
Everybody Needs A Tune Up!
I totally get seeing a psychologist is a privilege not afforded to many. I’m so bloody grateful.
I check in with her about 3 times a year and normally it’s when I’m so overwhelmed, I can’t see the trees through the forest. I call it my “Bec Tune Up”. Like many of us, I carry a lot and sometimes it gets bloody heavy.
Here is a few of her golden nuggets. Feel free to take the gold if you wish x
- Guard your energy. Use it wisely. It’s limited.
- Be aware of your triggers and reactions
- Don’t be a triangle. I use this all the time. Example, if someone is trying to vent and get a message through to someone else via you! I HATE this…I won’t be a part of it. Like if my Husband complains about my daughter leaving the light on and nags me about it. I snap! I tell him I won’t be in your triangle because you don’t want to engage. Fuck off x Nicely ha-ha
- That we need oxytocin and if I’m not getting it from my husband, kids or loved one, via eye contact, quality time, walking etc I get bloody cranky. I do sound rather needy however I’m incredibly independent and want a healthy connection with the people in my life.
- The importance of taking a breath – grounding yourself
- Bucket tippers and bucket fillers. How a healthy relationship/friendship is both. Sometimes we are both bucket tippers and then we are bucket fillers. However, think of that person that only tips your bucket and depletes your energy. That’s a bucket tipper and you need to guard your energy.
- That most shit we are over coming is trauma from our childhood. (no brainer there!)
- Being a high empath is soooooo hard in business
- Have a holiday booked so I have something to look forward to
- Lastly (and this one I forget all the time is… ), have some self-compassion.